In the Q1 2015 release SuccessFactors introduced Embedded Analytics in the Compensation Information portlet of Employee Central. The analytics – which can be viewed in this YouTube video – provides four different chart so that managers and HR administrators can view the following information graphically for employees. These charts provide users with an easy-to-consume way of scrutinizing salary information and salary history information of employees. There are four charts available:
- Range Penetration
- Compa Ratio
- Salary History based on the Pay Component Group used for Range Penetration
- Salary History based on the Pay Component Group used for Compa Ratio
This information can also be viewed in the history for Compensation Information.
The screenshot below shows the Range Penetration chart for an employee.
The screenshot below shows the Salary History based on the Pay Component Group used for Range Penetration chart.
The screenshot below shows the Compa Ratio chart.
The screenshot below shows the Salary History based on the Pay Component Group used for Compa Ratio chart.
These charts display data in real-time and therefore update automatically when data is changed.
Steps to configure Embedded Analytics
I recently set these Embedded Analytics up for a customer. The following steps can be used to configure the Embedded Analytics:
1. In Provisioning ensure that “Dashboards 2.0 (Youcalc) Framework” under “Analytics and Dashboard Tabs & Misc Reporting” is enabled
2. Ensure the administrator user has all permissions enabled in the permission category “Manage Dashboards/Report”
3. In OneAdmin, navigate to Reporting > Manage Dashboards
4. Click on the link “Manage Standard Dashboards and YouCalc Files”
5. Click on the “Add From Success Store” button (or if you have the .epix file click the “Upload Custom YouCalc File” and upload the file)
6. For the dashboard “Employee Central Embedded Tile” click the “Add to Instance” button in the “Get Model” column
7. Make any changes to the name or description of the dashboard if required and click Save
8. Return to OneAdmin and navigate to Employee Files > Configure Charts for Key Figures in Compensation Portlet
9. Select the “Visualize the key figures on the compensation portlet” checkbox and select the dashboard in the Model drop-down
10. Select which of the widgets should be displayed and click Save
The Embedded Analytics are now enabled