In SAP we can post Outgoing Payments as Partial Payments . The partial payments will be posted as a separate open(Outstanding) item . For example a Vendor has an outstanding of 1000 and we make a payment of 400 as partial payment.Then ,there will two separate open(Outstanding) items of 1000 Dr and 400 Cr .No clearing document is created.
Here is a Demo on how to post a partial payment by Partial Payment Method
Enter a Transaction Code F-53 in the SAP Command Field
In the next screen, Enter the following data
1. Enter Document Date
2. Enter Company Code in which the payment is to be posted
3. Enter the Cash/Bank Account in which the payment is to be posted
4. Enter the Payment Amount
5. Enter Vendor ID of the Vendor making the payment
6. Press ‘Process Open Items
In the next screen ,
1. Choose the Partial Payment Tab
2. Select and Activate the Invoice against which the partial payment has been made.
3. Enter Partial Amount
Press ‘Save’ to post the Payment Document
Check the Status bar for the Document Number Generated.