SAP Master Data Integration (MDI) service provides a Central Data Model to various Master Data Objects. It supports objects such as Business Partner, Product, Cost Center etc.
In addition, the service provides easy access to Business Partner data across the enterprise landscape. Below are the steps required to set up the Business Partner Integration with SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
I. Creation of Communication User
1. Log in to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud system and ensure that you have the appropriate role assigned to your user to access the Communication Management tiles.
2. Click Maintain Communication Users tile and click New. Provide a name for the Communication user and a password.
Note that this user will act as the communication user to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud system. The Business Partners will also be created via this user.
3. Click Save.
II. Creation of Business System
1. Click Communication Systems tile.
2. Provide System ID and System Name. While this can be any alphanumeric value, it is recommended that you set this value the same as “identityzone” value in the service keys. Click Create.
3. Navigate to the service keys copy the “uri” field.
4. Paste the “uri” value in the Host Name field and provide any value for the Logical System field. Additionally, ensure that the value for “Business System” and “System ID” are the same.
5. In next steps, we’ll add an inbound and outbound user to our Business System.
Navigate to Users for Inbound Communication section and click on the Add button. Select the Communication user that was earlier created and click OK.
The outbound user will be used to communicate with the SAP MDI service. We’ll use basic authentication for this setup. The clientid from the service keys is the username and clientsecret is the password.
7. Save the Business System.
III. Creation of Communication Arrangement
1. Select the Communication Arrangements tile.
2. Click New and select the scenario SAP_COM_0008.
3. Choose the Business System that was created earlier.
4. Disable all the 5 Idocs interfaces.
5. Change the service endpoints’ paths as shown in below screenshot and configure them to below values:
Business Partner – Replicate from SAP S/4HANA Cloud to Client:
Business Partner Relationship – Replicate from SAP S/4HANA Cloud to Client:
Business Partner – Send Confirmation from SAP S/4HANA Cloud to Client:
BP Relationship – Send Confirmation from SAP S/4HANA Cloud to Client:
Note: The value for “identityzone” is available of the service keys. Insert that value in the placeholder present in the service endpoint.
6. Provide a Replication Model Name. Set Replication mode as Change replication. If you want to replicate all the existing business partners from your SAP S/4HANA Cloud system to SCP Master Data for business partners you can set it to Initial replication.
Additionally, you can output mode to Direct Output or Pooled.
7. Click on Save and Activate.
The Communication Arrangement setup is now complete.